Home > Application Guide > Indoor > Ice Hockey
Lighting design criteria
- Should be designed in a way so that uniformity is enhanced for both players and spectators to see the puck traveling at high speed.
- The design should eliminate the provlems caused by shadows and inadequate vertical plane luminance, which impede athletes and spectators.
- Should be designed in a way so that the strong light pattern does not cause a glare off the ice.
Recommendation of Minimum Lighting Levels
||Illuminance Level (Em. Horizontal) Lux * (Non CTV)|
- ※ European criteria (Source - EN 12193:2007)
- - ClassⅠ: Top Level Competition
- - ClassⅡ: Intermediate Level Competition
- - ClassⅢ: Lower Level Competition & Suspervised Training
- ※ Em is the Maintained Illuminance Level (specification level) and is the design illuminance level, below which the lighting should not be allowed to fall during the period to planned maintenance.